Thursday, June 7, 2007

On-Line Earning, Yeah Right!

One recent study that I've read about in some American papers claims that annual housewife work totals to incredible $130,000. They state that, on average, housewife works for 92 hours a week (kids, household, weekends that are all but weekends). I recognized myself in that article easily, but I frequently think that it isn't enough because I don't get any cash into our home.

So, like many others before me, I got an idea to find some job that would allow me to do my usual routine, to have flexible working hours etc. First thing that came to my mind was to do something on-line. I have all technical stuff needed: cable modem, typing skills, good will and kids approval to use our PC for a few hours a day.

But... it's not that simple. First, I've stumbled over some ads that promise amazing income ($100, $500 and even $1000 a day), with all big capital letters. Only, at the bottom of these ads they ask you to "pay only $49.95" in order to work for them. Needles to say, my goal is to work for money, not to pay to work. If I could spend $50 like that, why would I need a job in the first place?

Next, I went on to read some on-line forums where I found out that most of such offers are frauds, that they pay much less than agreed, or they don't pay at all or they label you as a cheater and claim back your earnings. And you can't trace them at all.

I couldn't believe all this. I spent hours browsing a number of sites, getting annoyed, and all it came down to were just three offers where I've signed up, hoping it would turn out good. Time will tell if my judgement was right. Other offers I've skipped because I don't want my PC to get infected by viruses or spyware and I also think my time is much too valuable to be wasted.

In next post, I'll explain how I did all this. I might be wrong, but everything seems so shady. I don't want to get burned.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi,

I came across your blog through a google search for stress tips. Anyway, have you tried looking at "Internet Marketing" as an option for working from home? It's a great way to make decent earnings, even working part time and you have no boss (well, almost).

The best resource for information would be the Warrior Forum: http://www.WarriorForum.com/forum

Another site you could use (again, FREE) is: http://www.wehelpnewbies.com/
Pretty neat stuff for beginners there :)

Hope this helps.

Sincerly,
Sagar Mehta

duckrazzle said...

A bulletin board-type site to talk about bloggers!



It’s brand new – get it going the way you would like to see it! New topics at will, and forums by request are yours for the asking.



Blogs are a wonderful way for the blogger to express his or her viewpoint…but they don’t allow much feedback if you happen to disagree, or if you really agree and want to amplify on it.



Razzlefratz.com provides a clean slate for you to vent…praise…flame…whatever.